Mommy Needs To Vent

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Themed Birthday Parties On A Budget

It seems like every year around my sons birthday, I just can't seem to come up with a lot of money. Not only do you have to buy them presents, but you want to make sure they have a great party at the same time. I am one for making up a party with some type of theme. Every year my son has some new hobby or character that he totally adores. One was Spiderman and last year it was Hot Wheels. So how do you do it if you don't have much?
What most parents think is that they have to have this extrodinary party. Think about it. Your child is young, they are not going to judge it. They won't remember this party, only by pictures. All that really matters to them is the love you put into setting it up for them and the fun they had while it was going on. It doesn't take a lot to make your child happy.
Just buy a couple of themed items. Here are some themed items to buy:

  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY BANNER
  • 1 OR 2 BALLOONS
  • 1 OR 2 CENTER PIECES
  • GOODIE BAGS
  • MOST IMPORTANT, THE CAKE

That is all you will need. After that everything else can just be color coordinated.

  • PLATES/NAPKINS/FORKS,ECT.
  • STREAMERS
  • SOLID COLOR BALLOONS
  • FAVORS FOR INSIDE THE GOODIE BAGS
  • TABLECLOTH
  • INSTEAD OF ORDERING PIZZA FOR 20 GUESTS, MAKE HOTDOGS.

Trust me, nobody will even notice how everything is not themed, as long as the color matches. You can even print coloring pages coordinating with the theme from online. A couple of good games and you just had a Birthday Bash!

For more tips on parties-CLICK HERE- to visit my site

For an awesome party, click here: The Ultimate Party Craft Book for Any Group of Children!

2 Comments:

Great party planning ideas and just what I needed. My son is dying to have a BMX theme for his party in two weeks and I was going CRAZY trying to figure out where to get all sorts of items for it. Now I think I have a pretty good idea on what to do and now have to break the bank finding everying BMX related.
Hi, Natasha

Thanks for the nice comments on my site. I love the party ideas. My littlest one Kaylee is having her birthday on Aug 31st. She will be 5 so some party tips are always good. I always seem to have a small budget too. I will add you to my reads list.

Hope the rest of your weekend is great! Hugs!!

Add a comment