Mommy Needs To Vent

Friday, November 04, 2005

Brothers or Not?


Everyone has been asking why I haven't posted anything lately and I have been so busy.

For those who know me, you know how I feel about these boys, for those who don't, well I guess you need to get to know me.

These are my two sons, and boy are they different. Not just in personality, but in looks as well. I just knew when I was pregnant, I was going to have another dark complexion, big brown eyed child. Well the baby you see there looks nothing like any of us. My mom is from Thailand and my husband is Indian. Here is an article I wrote a few months ago....

When Tyler was born, it was the happiest day of my life. He was so precious and sweet. The first couple of days were great, but it didn't last for long. I remember getting up every 2 hours to feed him and how I would have to ride him around the block just to get him to stop crying. Within the first year, he had seven ear infections. I wouldn't have given it up for anything. He was rolling at 3 months and started walking when he was barely ten months. Everything about him was perfect to me.

So when I was pregnant with my second one, I knew it was all going to happen again. This baby wouldn't be much different, right? Wrong.

The first night I came home from the hospital, I woke up scared to death because I never heard him cry for a bottle. I had to wake him up to eat. This went on every night for about a month and then I just let him sleep. I never had to train him to sleep thru the night or ride him around the block. He is almost 11 months old now and has only had one ear infection. On top of that, he is not attempting to walk.

All children are different. They all grow different and have milestones at different times. So next time you are worried about whether your baby is ahead for his age, remember that they have their own personalities and develop at their own rate. Every baby is unique and that is what makes them so special.

So what do you say? Does anyone else think they brought the wrong baby home?

3 Comments:

They are both incredibly photogenic but look so different, amazing. My two boys are completely different thus far. My first one definitely broke my husband and I in HARD to the whole parenting thing while the second one has been this sweet little cherub.
a lot of premium products and services being offered for free. What’s best is that there is a seemingly
They are so cute Tasha. They look like they love each other very much! :)

Add a comment