Mommy Needs To Vent

Monday, April 03, 2006

Friends

My best friends in life have been people who can be themselves and I know I can be myself when around them. Most people that I am not friends with in this world are people who think they are better no matter what their beliefs.

So are their really right or wrong opinions??

I will also admit that I am not a perfect person, wife, mom, or friend. I try to be, but nobody is perfect. I have my faults just like anyone, but I also have a heart and if you give your whole heart to anyone or anything, then that is the best you can do. That still can make you a big person. Everyone in this world is different and share different opinions. If one person has one opinion, that doesn't necessarily mean that the other is wrong. It also doesn't mean that they are shooting down your beliefs. Even if someone's opinion is wrong in your eyes, that doesn't mean they would still not stand beside you thru anything.
I cherish everyone's opinions whether I believe they are right or wrong. Someday their opinion may have some type of value to me. But in the meantime, I feel like I should be able to express my opinions to some extent. I have felt like I can't do that sometimes. I have learned if they don't like it, then they were never worth being part of my life anyway. To those people I feel sorry for.

A friend to me is someone who offers a shoulder to cry on, is there for me thru thick and thin, who respects me and values my opinions, who always knows to have coffee ready when I am on the way to their house, who calls and sends me emails often to see how I am doing, who is there if I need to chat or vent, who I can trust with my deepest secrets, who can be loyal to me and my family, and most of all....someone I would turn around and do this right back to with no hesitation and no regrets.

I want to give Thanks to all my true friends. Ones who have stuck by me thru anything and who have been there for me. The ones that have valued my opinion whether it be right or wrong and the ones who have made my day brighter when it was dull. I know a lot of them aren't in the blogging world but I will certainly send them a nice e-card today. For those who read my blog, thanks for commenting and making me feel a little special everyday. I will be visiting everyone today. For all my friends from NC, I will put this on my MySpace Blog. For ones that don't even get on the internet, I will make time to call you today. Right now I should Thank Kristen at Mommy Does It All for being a great All Around Friend, who matches everything above. LOL.

I couldn't think of ANYTHING to write about today so I just started typing. I guess I have just been thinking about all my friends lately and I love Ya'll!!

If you have a friend out there who you haven't talked to in awhile, try catching up with them this week. Live like their is no tommorow, they may never know what they mean to you.

A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow. — William Shakespeare

5 Comments:

Its wonderful hearing you share how you feel. I really love the quote at the end. I really hope that you feel like you can be yourself with me even if it is just an online friendship :)
This is a nice post. I totally agree on everything you said and I love how you expressed yourself here. God bless :-)
Great post. I found you through Thankful Thursday. Mine is up if you'd like to visit.
Thanks again for stopping by. Really sweet post. Friends are such an important part of our lives. I like your thoughts. Being onesself and being loved for that is one of the best things in life. One thing I have found is it's not so much "How many" friends you have, but the quality of those friendships that is most cherished. Sounds like you have some special ones. You are truly blessed!
Have a wonderful, beautiful day!
I am so flattered that you wrote that. YOu almost made me cry because of what you said about me. I really do think of you as a real friend too. I am so glad I found you, I may have gone crazy otherwise! LOL.

Add a comment