Mommy Needs To Vent

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Kids Say The Darnest things!

     My son’s first day of Kindergarten was Monday! It hasn’t been easy but this morning something did happen that brightened my day (just a little.)   All the children in Kindergarten meet in the cafeteria and sit at a couple of large tables until about 8:05.  This is supposedly to calm some of the kids down.  Anyhow this morning as my son was sitting there waiting, one of the Volunteers was talking to a group of children including my son.  My son of course was shy and was holding on to me.  The conversation went something like this…..

The young lady asked, “How did everyone get to school today?”

The children responded in order with
“Car”
“Car”
“Car”
“Walked”
“Car”

Then one child said

“Escalade”

All the children’s eyes got really big, including Tyler’s. I was a little puzzled by the children’s reaction.   He turned to me and said, “Wow mommy!  He speaks Spanish!”

It is really hard to explain unless you were there.  All the children were just so impressed with this child because they thought he was speaking Spanish!






4 Comments:

That is so funny! I love it!
That is hilarious! Love it! :)
Hi Tasha~

Haven't been by in a while and was stopping in to say "Hello!"...that is just too cute what happened. Kids are just too cute!!
Ha! I had to read that three times to get it.
I was thinking...hmmm, doesn't escelade mean escalator in Spanish? :-D

Add a comment